Proper NYC post

HELLO!

I finally have proper internet connection now yays! I’m at Barry’s roommate’s house in St Louis, Missouri and it’s like 3 am or something. Let me break world record and try to blog and post ALL my NYC pictures in ONE post. (I don’t think I can do this huhu got 300 over pictures to sieve through and have to upload in flickr etc) Ok nevermind let’s try. 1,2,3 start.

This is New York baby! The view from the apartment where I was staying.

Ah, the famous Krispy Kreme. I was far too excited that I was eating a krispy kreme that I didn’t really remember how it tasted like. sweet. very sweet.

Don’t you just love the view? This is really the city that never ever sleeps.

My bed for a week. I love xmas trees!

The apartment. Barry was looking at the map while I camwhored. To travel around in Manhattan, subway maps is a must in your hand. It’s really confusing at first but you get the hang of it after some time. (oh and when I said there was this homeless guy who shat in his pants, I knew that cause the whole cart stank of his shit!!!! EWW)

Cool couple in H&M wtf

5th avenue!

The apple store where I blogged from

Times Square!!!!!! I love all that hustle bustle and lights! Apparently they never turn off the lights even in the day.

The broadway show! It was amazing and the best part is we didn’t have to pay for it! woot $100 each ok. Thanks, Sarah’s dad! (my roommate’s dad)

At Times Square. The Drowsy Chaperone was the musical we watched.

The huge xmas tree at Rockefeller!

And a skating rink! woot with real ice!

Some nice church.

The atlas man and the empire state building! can’t beat our twin towers lah

in a bar. The best thing about this couchsurfing thing is there is a nice community for it in NY. So the whole time we were there, we weren’t just tourists but it really felt as if we were living there as locals. We got to mingle with the locals and our host brought us to meet his fellow NYC friends and every week there was this party in a bar etc.

Seriously, traveling in a new place is so much more fun when you’re not being touristy.

At one of his friend’s place. Damn damn nice right! Like castle only!

Got harp some more!!!

And got statue of a naked man! Haha wtf no lah all that was in the Metropolitan museum.

Picasso ho hum wtf

This painting of a cute guy and an underaged girl with her nipples showing through her translucent dress was nice

It’s a nice museum but too artistic for my liking.

Barry likes this statue

Outside the museum.

The natural history museum! This museum is fun cause got a lot of exhibits but there were sooo many kids wailing and screaming so it wasn’t that fun. This is also where they filmed the Night in the Museum movie.

tee hee wtf

cheh we also got max brenner what!

a real diner!

a memorial for john lennon in central park. i look damn puffy lah thanks to my coat

oh oh! my new dress! $10 only! We shopped for a whole week but I only bought like a dress and a few tops. So disappointing lah shopping in NY. Unless you can afford more high end clothes, then it’s really not that nice.

The sale was alright though. I bought this Armani top for $20. My first branded top *big wet eyes. I can’t find anything extremely nice but die die also must buy something wtf (no i didn’t gain weight..i hope..wtf)

Barry with our French host, Bastien. Me kissing him at new year party.

Me acting sohai (not drunk yet wtf)

And now we’re in his friend’s house with 6 cats and the smallest dog in the whole wide world! This is the friendliest cat!

And our bed for this week. Damn nice okay by the fireplace and huge xmas tree although it’s in the living room and we had to sleep on the floor BUT BY THE FIREPLACE OK damn nice!

His house is really nice, will post the pictures later.

Fuh, so that’s what I did the past two weeks! Actually not a lot of touristy things but we ventured around a lot which was way more fun than going to more museums etc. Oh, and we didn’t even see the statue of liberty wtf how can right! went NY and didn’t see the statue. oh well. we saw the ruins of the world trade center though. It was..erm..there was nothing there wtf duh except lots of ghosts wtf.

wah 4am already! Hope everyone enjoyed this asslong post night! Will write about 2007 soon. Wah I can’t believe it! 2008 already!

1. foongjin says:

nice pics! yeah travelling is so much better when you’re doing what the locals do! and the AX top looks good 🙂

and krispy kreme is yumyum!! i prefer the original glazed to all the other flavoured types though.

jiameei, do i look like i lost weight?!?! *shiny eyes. no lah i don’t think i did. and u went NY? when?! which top? ya the fireplace damn nice /boo

foongjin, thanksss! ya i wanted the original one but my friend said this is better. it’s not too bad though.

michael, it is!!! damn fun seriously!

jloi, YOU ARE SINGLE?? OMG OMG WHY?? i seriously thought u’ll get married to him wtf. i really wanna talk to you about this!!!!!!!!!!! and an aunt!!! woot girl or boy? what’s his/her name? congrats alicia!

kaze, hahaha sounds fun wtf. yalah why jess so naughty edi wtf. i miss u too =((( have a nice year babe!

jessloke, hahaha yalah summore she mentioned that she’s single now in a very happy tone also wtf.

clem, yeahhh!! it’s so fun leh the CS community is so strong here.

3. pinkpau says:

where is the smallest dog in the whole wide world!!! i want to see!!!

hahahaha very cute your this post. i love the photos. and wtf i really believed it was your friend’s friend’s house -____- very funny ah bluff people like that =(

4. Baz says:

alah you didn’t write about my fav place in NY, the Cafe Wha?. damn nice ok ppl, it’s the legendary bar where dylan, hendrix, and springsteen got their starts, and they had an amazing house band that played every genre, like purple haze to hey ya to prince’s you don’t have to be rich to beastie boys and the ramones. damn niiiice!! orgasm. but sohai suet didn’t bring camera cis.

5. Angie says:

DAMN NICE THE PLACE U SLEPT (BY THE FIREPLACE)!! Have u watched the NOTEBOOK ? if you watched it u’ll know what i mean /boo and your hair seems to grow so much longer !! I miss you =( update more !!

6. mIcheLLe says:

hello tai kar cheh~ ;D ahahaha this is actually my first time commenting. I’ve always typed halfway and chickened out before this sorree morree, I will comment more often from now onwards 🙂

P/s: Thanks for the wishes! 🙂

7. tze says:

eh u lost weight ah cibai im gaining weight like crazy but i think i lost a bit in one week cuz cut down on eating cuz stressed cuz exams cuz i hate my course wtf.

i wanna see more pictures! and i dunno why i feel so weird when you blog about you shopping! and im in love with shopbop imma shop there from now onwards and get them to ship to uk wtf

8. ron says:

wah why is everyone going to newyork! damn nice sia im so envious. are u coming to singapore if aud comes! i’ll be so excited if i can meet all of u omg i feel damn stressed!

seriously ah, nowadays im so siao becos im so stressed abt work and life. going to grad soon and need to decide what im going to do next T___________T

9. sweat says:

pinkpau, ok i already took picture of the dog, will upload soon!! and haha you said the exact same thing when i bluff about something else like a year ago wtf.

baz, what sohai me!! u ownself ask me not to bring cause heavy what! cibai wtf

aud, yalah 8 mp ok but camwhore shots not as good as angie’s haha

angie, hahaha i know what u mean! *wink wtf. ya i will update more when im free-er! now very busy cause go shopping everyday wtf. i bought another dress from f21 and a skirt oh how have i sinned!

crash, haha ya 2 weeks wor so long, sit at home only meh. happy new yr too!

skyler, ya it’s smaller than all the cats!!! ok i show later

michelle, haha chicken out for what!! not like i will scold u right! do i look scary wtf. ok thanks!

tze, nolah i didn’t lose weight also. maybe got gain a tiny bit lah but not that obvious fuh. are u 47 kg now!! if u are then we’re on equal level edi u can’t call me fat edi wtf.
    haha ya i feel weird myself too omg yday i bought more clothes huhuh what happened to me. and what is shopbop isit like yesstyle?!

ron, last time i went spore for that nuffnang thing were u there?? haha why u so excited wtf chewah i feel like a celeb now. haha relax la grad only what wtf i still got 4 years hohum.

10. jessieloi says:

Boy boy. Heh. Named Alexander Koh.

And there’s nothing wrong being single k. Hahaha. I’m not being naughty at all. =P
    We shall talk about it when we have the chance. Don’t worry. ^.^

Take care girl. Don’t forget to come back to Malaysia.

11. ozzie says:

omg omg max brenner! mmm. chocolate. why lah my mouth watering right now. krispy kremes mmm.

wah time square is so nice. i want to go to US but most of my friends are only interested in going to europe. i pulak want to go to all the asian countries where there are cheap asian things T_T

jessie, i like tht name!! dont worry lah im dying to go back T_T

ozzie, eh i thought aust got damn alot max brenner?? ya i wanna go hk!!

mel, thank you!! happy new yr to u too!

frus, is that good or bad wtf?

suetling, thanks!! happy new year too =D

manda, you are right, it’s rockefeller wtf but noone realized that so far haha. ya it was at manhattan mall, shop name is charlotte russe. lotsa cheap clothes there like f21!!!

sarah, hahah yala she’s so naughty now!! balik in may!!! before your bday!!!